Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I think I've overcome a major challenge with this piece. I've struggled with the over two on linen because I don't see well. A couple of months ago I was thrilled to get a pair of bifocals that allow me to see the television while I stitch, maps while I drive and so on.

But the reading glasses part of the bifocals were only 200 and I still couldn't see to stitch on such fine fabric. Out of desperation I put a pair of 125 reading glasses over the bifocals and was able to work! Today I chanced onto a sale on reading glasses at the local drugstore and picked up a pair of 325. VOILA! I can see well enough to work.

Now the challenge is to be disciplined enough to finish this before my eyes get any worse!

No comments: