Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, October 25, 2009

In and then out.

I haven't been coming here because I'm a downer. Even to myself.

I injured my hip (or back) last summer doing my room renovation and just when I think it's getting better, get into a situation where I have to climb a step or two and I'm back in pain again. Will have to make doctor's appointments next week and am not looking forward to having this be the focus of my life.

Our condo still hasn't sold. We have gone through what was left of our savings paying property taxes on it and the lot on which we had hoped to build our primary residence two years ago. We are having to face the reality that our dream is dead. Again, many thanks Bush/Cheney.

I was heartbroken when my older son told us that he and his wife are going through the paces to move to Japan next fall. Even more heartbroken that I cannot not find any words to encourage this descendant of Founding Fathers to stay in his country. There is simply nothing for him here but an educational system with no future and a healthcare system under which two healthy people in their 30s cannot afford to start a family.

The dog walks funny with one leg shorter than the other but is otherwise strong and sassy. I hope he lives long enough for me to pay off the bills for his summer surgeries.

Overall my students are fine this year (except for sixth period where one of the gruesome foursome threw a chair last week). Their breastfeeder parents are driving me mad. I'm amazed some of these kids ever learned to walk.

Sincerely hope anyone who stops by is doing better than I.

No comments: