Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Still OK.

Sunset yesterday from our back fence.

School is going OK. With a couple of exceptions, students are behaving OK.

Got my car serviced. I've had the same mechanic for 25 years and trust him completely. I asked him to check the brake rotors because the car rattled whenever I put on the brakes. I needed all new rotors. And a new battery. And new wipers. And new shocks, but those will have to wait until the next servicing. Another major bump on my credit card, but I feel safer. So it's OK.

Still wrestling with some dark, difficult feelings and a difficult decision, but nothing will happen for a couple of years anyway, so it's OK.

Got an appointment with an orthopod to get my achy hips checked out. Came recommended by two people, on of whom said, "He has no bedside manner at all but really knows his stuff." I just want answers, not a boyfriend, so that's OK.

Dodger is almost a year old and has really calmed down. That is very OK.

I'm so grateful to my friends. My school friends, my blog friends, my facebook friends. Thank you for being my friends. You are all so much better than OK.

No comments: