Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

One down...

... and getting toward the end of the list.

One at a time, I'm gradually checking off all the nagging health-related issues that roll around. Got my teeth cleaned and x-ray-ed. No issues. Mammogram - no issues. Blood pressure FINALLY under control. Blood work shows that - quote - "On paper [I'm] in great health."

Yesterday the orthopedist put me on "Call me if you need me" status. He gave me a referral for six more sessions if the PT thinks I need them to finish up rehab on my injured hip. PT says two more, so I should be good there.

One more visit to the internist for the annual poking and prodding and then I should be done for a while.

Follow up on the PT will be regular work-outs at the gym. Not necessarily looking forward to that, but have promised myself that when I finally get this fat off my ass and get all my muscles strengthened, I'm going to find myself a dance class somewhere.

And take up Pilates.

Now, there's a challenge.

No comments: