Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Night Date

Yeah, I'm a wild one.

Had a lovely evening.  Ipod looping the utterly fantabulous score from How to Train Your Dragon.  I'm cheering for John Powell to win the Academy Award for this one.  My nephew gave me a terrific sound-blocking headset for Christmas and the music is magical through it.  Just stitched away until the battery died.  Got quite a lot done.  I'm happy with the progress.  Disappointed that I don't seem to be able to photograph properly.  The fabric on this is a gorgeous dark rose.  And that green fabric along the edge?  It's actually PEACH.  What the...?

Rain, rain, raining here.  Kind of bummed that I won't get to garden tomorrow (rain is supposed to keep up all day), but Sunday is supposed to be nice.  I have two flats of flowers from my field trip last weekend to get into the ground.  Although, as cold as it is, I'm not sure I should plant them now.  March 15 is our last official frost date here.  Maybe I should wait?

We're close to the ocean and only about 200 feet elevation.  Snow level tonight is supposed to come down to 500 feet.  I was doing supervision duty after school today (in the pouring rain) when a colleague stopped by under my umbrella to tell me her daughters had just called from our neighboring town (a few hundred feet uphill from us) where it was snowing.

Very rare here, for sure.

No comments: