Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Addendum


The man was there.

My son, his girlfriend and I drove down PCH to Venice for a "conversation" with Tom Shadyac.  Shadyac was a delightful combination of charm, wisdom and a wicked humor.  The event was held at  the Electric Lodge , a solar-powered theater.  They accepted more RSVPs than they had room for, expecting about half the people to decide not to come.


Everyone came.

They were pulling every office chair, stool and random box from the various classrooms and offices into the packed theater.  It was wonderful to experience.

After being suitably inspired ( PLEASE watch I AM), we made our way back to Camarillo for a delicious lunch at Lure, a newish fish house in Camarillo.  It was our first time there, and I have awarded it my Best Meal in Camarillo.  Ever.  award.  (The lobster spinach dip was to die happy for.)  Great food and even better conversation made it hard to finally give up our table.


Just a really terrific afternoon with two of my favorite people.

No comments: