Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, August 06, 2012

Happy Dance!

Long time coming.

Front. Pattern shown with collar up.

I love the lining.

Had to create the quilt on the back.  The designs that came with the pattern were too abstract for me.

And the back showing off sleeves.
My Christmas jacket is finally finished.

The pattern is The Oregon Trail.  I bought it - and most of the fabrics - about 25 years ago.  The sizes on the pattern only went up to extra-large but I went up considerably past that, so I put the stuff in storage.  Last summer it dawned on me that I was probably down far enough to finally wear this, so I worked on it through the summer when I could.  Got all the patchwork and the outer shell done.  Something came up at the end of the summer and I decided to shelve it again until this summer.

And - voila - I put the last hand stitches in today.

I made it slightly small.  I still have a about 35 pounds to lose to reach goal, and so I made this to fit a little big when I get there.

Gives me incentive to gut out these last 35 pounds.  I should be able to shed enough of them to wear the jacket this year, although it may not be as blousy as I want it.

Yes.  I'm pleased.  It was an odd construction and I can't really claim it was fun to make, but I sure am happy with how it turned out.

Now I need to find a way cool zipper pull with some bling.

No comments: