|Front. Pattern shown with collar up.|
|I love the lining.|
|Had to create the quilt on the back. The designs that came with the pattern were too abstract for me.|
|And the back showing off sleeves.|
The pattern is The Oregon Trail. I bought it - and most of the fabrics - about 25 years ago. The sizes on the pattern only went up to extra-large but I went up considerably past that, so I put the stuff in storage. Last summer it dawned on me that I was probably down far enough to finally wear this, so I worked on it through the summer when I could. Got all the patchwork and the outer shell done. Something came up at the end of the summer and I decided to shelve it again until this summer.
And - voila - I put the last hand stitches in today.
I made it slightly small. I still have a about 35 pounds to lose to reach goal, and so I made this to fit a little big when I get there.
Gives me incentive to gut out these last 35 pounds. I should be able to shed enough of them to wear the jacket this year, although it may not be as blousy as I want it.
Yes. I'm pleased. It was an odd construction and I can't really claim it was fun to make, but I sure am happy with how it turned out.
Now I need to find a way cool zipper pull with some bling.