Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

All is well.


The sunsets have moved back to the studio.

The financial mess I inherited is straightening out (uncountable phone calls later) and I will be reasonably comfortable by Christmas.  My 2013 taxes are postmarked today and I'm confident I will be able to pre-pay the 2014 in January as my accountant wants me to do.  Making a list of repairs and maintenance that must be done on the house to save for - with optimism that I can actually get some of it done.

My retinal surgeon (who, I'm told, is one of if not the best in the state) was visibly excited by my progress at my post-op today.  My eyes are closer to matching each other, and with his special equipment he was able to conclude that it is quite possible I will end up with very decent vision in that eye.  For now it's blurry and distorted, but the other eye is trying to work with it and I can see a little better every day.  Was taken off most eye drops and restrictions on lifting and high altitude travel.  Disneyland for sure.  And maybe Utah.   So incredibly appreciative.

I treated myself to lunch at Lure today, and have the clam linguine and lobster spinach dip leftovers for dinner.  Since I've been eating peanut butter on English muffins most nights, this is enough to make my salivary glands downright giddy.

Have been enjoying Mraz's album, YES.  Every track has meaning for me.

Yes.  All is well with me.

No comments: