Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, May 18, 2015

Masteryear

A special birthday.

I was a fan of a musician.  So was my mom.  I wanted to buy her an album of his music, so went searching the internet.  In the process of hunting an album I found he had a website, and through his website learned about the gift of the Masteryear.

He credited the concept to his best friend, a comedienne named Lotus Weinstock.  I was completely taken by the idea and a little sad that I hadn't learned of it before.

As I understand it, when you reach a birthday of double digits (11, 22, 33...) you take the opportunity to reflect on and celebrate all you have learned, matured into, developed, adopted, enjoyed.

You embrace the whole wonderful package of you and have a blow-out year where you put all of that in action to achieve.  Something?  I guess I'll learn the fine points when I launch my own.  I have a couple of years yet.

But today my sister steps into one of hers.  She's already done some of the preparation.  And is thrilled to be started this year.

55

Kind of jealous.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful to have been able to help my boys in their first Masteryear, and then watched them launch their own?

What a genius concept.

No comments: