Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Life lessons.


1.  You never get tired of the mom stuff.  Nothing sweeter than compliments on your kids.  Tonight I got the best kind.  One person telling me what a nice man my youngest is.  Even better, he is playing for a singer/piano player who is apparently so excited to have found my kid as a drummer that he could hardly get the words out and paid him a tremendous compliment -  "Never worked with a drummer like him - he LISTENS!"  (Almost as good as my favorite compliment for him, "He has no ego.")

2.  You hang out in bars, you get hit on by drunks.   This may be a good experience if you are also drunk, but for one of the perpetually sober, this is unpleasant.

3.  On the other hand, when the bartender is one of your sons' lifelong friends, sitting at the bar is an extremely sweet experience.  Also nice to know the band and the bartender got your back.

No comments: