Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Stitchery Update


To all my xstitchinprogress buds, my apologies. I received an email from Yahoo telling me that my emails (189 of them) from my groups had been bouncing back. This had something to do with my server and has been rectified. I've been so busy I really didn't notice, although I did note that this group was particularly quiet. It's good to hear from you all again.



I did some stitching over my vacation and wanted to show my progress. First, here's the latest update for "Firefly Faeries." Now that they're starting to look like something I'm getting excited to finish this.



Second, I've been working on Bent Creek's "The Lighthouse." This is a gift for someone but I don't think she reads my blog. The chart calls for Week's "Schneckley" for the top of the lighthouse, but I subbed Gentle Art's "Fragrant Cloves." I really love the play of the oranges and the teals in the the "sea" parts of this chart.

While on vacation, the lovely ladies of Shepherd's Bush introduced me to this magnifier. What a relief for my aging eyes! I had to buy a Q-Snap frame to support it but it only took me about 15 minutes to learn to work with it and I'm hooked. I was even able to work on the sampler in the bouncing car with this gadget in place. Definitely the best $20 I've spent in a long time.


















No comments: