Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hobbies

Theme: Hobby

Just got back from a week's vacation in Utah. Made some pretty good progress on "Firefly Faeries" by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum

I had to laugh at this week's Photo Hunters Theme of "Hobby." How to choose? Since I was getting ready to post my cross-stitch progress anyway, I decided just to stick with this picture although it's really not worth looking at for its photo quality.

My hobbies are what keep me somewhat sane in my current crazy life. I think I'll record (in this online journal) as many hobbies as I can think of that I enjoy (or have in my past adult life). In italics I'll note the ones I don't plan to do again; In bold the ones I'm currently enjoying. The rest I may or may not pick up again although they were great fun while I did them.

Counted cross-stitch
Primitive embroidery
Quilting
Cloth doll-making
Porcelain doll-making
Pottery
Cast ceramics
Basket-weaving
Sewing clothes
Gardening
American Begonia Society
Garden carpentry
Garden birding
Garden butterflies
Clogging (have to lose about a hundred pounds before I pick up that one again)
Scrapbooking
Taking snapshots (digital)
Collecting Kewpies
Collecting Faeries
Disneyland
Collecting Teddy Bears
Collecting Boyd's figurines
Reading
Collecting Holiday Decorations and Decorating for Holidays
Collecting Decorative Tins
Genealogy and Family History

I'm sure I'll have to come back and add to this list, but that's all I can think of for now. DH makes fun of me for having so many hobbies but it doesn't look like so much to me. And while I enjoy all of them, I'm not obsessive about any of them so they don't interfere with my day-to-day life.




No comments: