Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, May 06, 2007

for Seaside Stitcher

One of my favorite blogs to visit is Seaside Stitcher. She always makes me smile. She posted this meme and asked her readers to let her know if they had done it so she could go visit, but when I saw it she still didn't have any takers. This one's for you, girl!

Another Meme

  1. Explain what ended your last relationship? Still in it, 35 years in June.
  2. When was the last time you shaved? Two months ago before my doctor visit.
  3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Scrapbooking
  4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Reading an adorable blog about a teddy bear ventriloquist.
  5. Are you any good at math? Yes, but like Seaside Stitcher I have to have paper and pencil (kinesthetic learner which is another way to say I have to use my fingers and toes sometimes.)
  6. Your prom night? Didn't go. Forced my sons to ask nice girls without boyfriends. Long story for some other time.
  7. Do you have any famous ancestors? Sort of. I share an ancestor with Thomas Jefferson.
  8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? No, my parents paid for the first three years and my husband for the last four.
  9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? No myspace, no song.
  10. What is your myspace profile? I dumped it when I started my blog.
  11. Last thing received in the mail? Another credit card offer.
  12. How many different beverages have you had today? Two, water and milk.
  13. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Not usually.
  14. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? How to define "concert"? I worked the snack bar when my high school hosted an Iron Butterfly concert but I didn't see them. I attended MANY concerts that my sons performed in. And I flew to Madison, WI, to see two days of Drum Corps, International competition. But by my definition of "concert" (that is, I paid big bucks to sit in a real theater and be entertained) I guess my first was "Tap Dogs" followed by STOMP, BLAST and (believe it or not) Olivia Newton John. I also took my son and his friend (who have the same birthday) to see David Copperfield in person (my son is a lifelong fan). Does that qualify?
  15. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had? Had a molar removed last year that was "resorbing." That happens when the body decides a tooth is a foreign object to be eliminated. The socket only hurt for a day and healed nicely, but my jaw hurt for a month where they had to crank it open to get the tooth out.
  16. What is out your back door? A small pond full of water lilies and duckweed backed by Cupani sweet peas that have volunteered for the third year in a row.
  17. Any plans for Friday night? This past Friday night about 6 I sat in my recliner to put my feet up for a few minutes before starting some articles for my union newsletter and fell fast asleep. Sounds good for this Friday, too.
  18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? Never have, although I love to swim in the ocean.
  19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? Yes, and I buy them at Christmas, too. My husband and sons love them.
  20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes, at the Museum of Natural History in Santa Barbara and at Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles. I've also been to the Air and Space Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC, but I don't think that counts.
  21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Yes.
  22. Some things you are excited about? Pirates 3, the last Harry Potter, the opening of the Finding Nemo ride at Disneyland, building our new house in Utah and retirement. And June can't get here soon enough!
  23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Cherry
  24. Describe your keychain(s)? It has a very blingy Mickey Mouse head with a clip to hang the keys. I keep my house keys separate from my car keys on a chain with a wand of glitter in oil that my husband brought me from the Long Beach Aquarium and my classroom keys on a third with a plastic map of the United States (I teach US history).
  25. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? Last Thursday I gave a speech to the local Democratic Club about King George Bush's unconstitutional use of signing statements to nullify laws that our legislature passes. Dictator!
  26. What kind of winter coat do you own? A Disneyland sweatshirt does it in Southern California.
  27. What was the weather like on your graduation day? Hot.
  28. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Closed, so the family doesn't have to listen to me snore.

No comments: