Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, October 29, 2007

Octavian Nothing

I give extra credit to students who read historical fiction (pre-Columbian to 1900, US geographical areas) for my grade 8 history class. Our school library clerk purchased The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. 1: The Pox Party for the school library and has asked me whether I will give extra credit for it.

I'm intrigued by the book but, to be honest, it appears to be more historical fantasy than historical fiction.

If anyone knows of ANY historical evidence to support the premise of the book (yes, I know there were slaves and a revolution) please direct me to it.

No comments: