Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas!

It's a quiet Christmas morning. Santa filled the stockings and now I just wait until the little ones awaken. Mind, my little ones are 29 and 26 years old (6'4" and 6'5" respectively) and only one of them spent the night here last night (with his wife).

When they were little, DH would be awake by 5:00. He would grind his coffee, then roam the halls tapping on doors, soft enough that I wouldn't hear, but - he hoped - loud enough to wake the boys and get the insanity going. There is still insanity to be enjoyed, but it will begin a tad later. DS2 promises to be home by 8:00 for breakfast, the turkey goes into the oven at 11:00 and the rest of the family will begin to arrive after 1:00.

I'm having fifteen for dinner today. I'm a little nervous because I know they won't fit around the table. I'm hoping if I move a couple of pieces of furniture I will be able to extend the table (or rather, add another table) into the family room far enough to fit everyone in (the tree is kind of in the way, though.) Oh well, we'll work it out.

DH just popped his head in to wish me a Merry Christmas. He'll go light the fire and grind his coffee, which may or may not be enough to wake the others. Still, I need to go dry my hair and get some sweats on and make some decisions about breakfast.

So, if anyone happens to drop in, I wish you a very merry day today. For my friends on the other side, I hope your Christmas was a happy one.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Merry Christmas!

: )