Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve - Resolutions in Review

Before I enjoy making a list of new resolutions to not keep in the new year, I thought I'd review last year's and see if I met ANY of my goals.

I did finish the little lap quilt for my Mom and gave it to her for Mother's Day.

I bought black double bias and black thread to bind the hollyhocks quilt. I think one of the reasons I balk at this is that I'm just not sure that's how I want to bind that. Now I'm thinking of making kind of a scrappy border from some of the flower fabrics. I welcome all advice
!



I did nothing on the bear, although I did take him to my lqs while I was taking the McKenna Ryan class and got some advice. I will sew all the pieces down using clear- or smoke-colored monofiliment.

Someday.

I did get all the embroidery marked on the "What Color is Spring?" quilt and have partially completed the center sampler.





I made some progress on the hollyhock cross stitch, but admit that I kind of lost interest in this one when I learned that the architect has eliminated the guest room from the main floor of the new house. I had planned to decorate that room around a garden theme with this piece, the hollyhock wallhanging, a garden trellis quilt (I have all the fabric for that but was waiting until we saw how big the room would be before making it a queen or king) and a Kory Fluckiger hummingbird print. Now the room is gone and I haven't decided how to re-group. Until I do, I'm not going to spend time on this one.


2006


2007

Santa moved along a little bit.


2006

2007


And, I made a rather gratifying amount of progress on the Firefly Faeries.


2006


2007

Of course, in true ADD fashion I also made a number of starts this year (none of which got finished) including the kitten card and the Winter Wonderland embroidered quilt.







This is real SOP for me. I seem to love to look at patterns, buy patterns, buy fabric and floss, kit things up and get started on the new project(s). Then I get bored and look for something else to do (rarely do the 'archived' pieces appeal).

This has been a good exercise, though. I have actually accomplished quite a bit. If I had focused that energy onto one piece I might have finished something.

Good to know.

But it's a hobby, so I can do it anyway I want.

No comments: