Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Elvis Presley Only Believe

This is cool. This hymn was written by my boys' great-grandfather, (Daniel) Paul Rader. I was able to find it recorded by Presley on an import a couple of years ago. It is reported to have been one of Elvis' favorite songs while he was stationed in Germany.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi Debi,

I am writing from the UK and am currently looking for any living relative of Daniel Paul Rader. I was drawn to your blog because you mentioned that the hymn 'Only Believe' was 'written by my boys' great-grandfather, (Daniel) Paul Rader.'

My reason for looking is because he was a famous preacher, who visited Britain just before his death in 1938. He made some films in the UK and took the footage back to the USA. I am currently looking to see if anyone knows where these films are or if they might be a box somewhere with these films in. My email address is johnenglish2004@hotmail.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Paul