Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Body Functions.

Amazing.

Mom has been home for two-and-a-half days.  She can navigate from the family room to the bathroom quite competently with her walker.  She is doing light chair exercises.  The Home Health Physical Therapist visited yesterday and complimented her range of motion. Her pain is controllable with minimum allowable dosage of painkiller and she is sleeping well.  Everything is looking good.

I'm grateful.

Meanwhile, across the Pacific, DS1 and DIL are working to bring my first grandchild (a boy) into our world.

If there are words to describe what it's like to wait for news of the baby's birth, I can't find them yet.

While those bodies are working away, mine has been slacking. The last couple of weeks have been the weight-loss nightmare of an off-program  summer.  I alternated from celebration eating to stress eating and back all break.  Gym work-outs were rejected in favor of garden chores (which were at least minimally active) to computer stuff (which was  not).  But at least home is relatively food safe for me.  HERE Mom is stocked with my favorites, and after eating one dinner in the hospital cafeteria I compounded the nightmare by stopping at the grocery store on the way  home the next night for a basketfull of comfort food.  Some I've given away, some I've thrown away, but too much I've eaten.  And virtually no exercise.

I fear the scale.

Fortunately, school starts next week and I will have the comfort of the routine.  Am confident I can get my physical well-being back on track.

For now, I'm focused on sending energy to my loved ones.  Too bad those calories don't count for me, too, huh?

No comments: