Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mom's Surgery

She's doing well.

My mom had knee-replacement surgery yesterday at the Kaiser facility in Woodland Hills.  She's tired but doing well.  She got through her fairly rigorous physical therapy, including a morning walk to the end of the nurse's station and back, and another in the afternoon around the station.

We had hoped she could come home tomorrow (Friday) but they want to keep her at least until Saturday.

When she sleeps, I hang out in the very comfortable family room in the fourth floor post-surgery recovery area. The nursing staff is taking wonderful care of her.

Once she's released I'll bring her back to her house, where I will stay with her for the next week.

She's looking forward to riding Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland again.

Things are looking good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Pirates! I'm so, so sad I can't share the Pirates with Emma. I'm glad all is well.

Shel