Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Rare stitches...

...but still they arrive.

I'm making presents for Japan and thought I'd share the process here.


I bought this pattern at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach a few years ago.  My goal is to make the little passport purse with a crazy quilt outside pocket.  Actually, I need a few, but will start with one and see if the others are possible in the time I have to make them.  (Oh, yeah, and I want one for myself, too.)

Here is the first piece of crazy quilt fabric.  I made it tonight.  Fabric is all - I believe - Kaffe Fassett.  I forgot to turn on my flash so the colors are pretty awful here.  My apologies to Mr. Fassett.



And here is the first pocket. (That's more like it on the colors.)


At this stage I can carry the piece with me to embellish in open minutes here and there.

Wish me luck.

No comments: