Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Synchronicity.

I'm bombarded with it.

So, today's kind of low day.  Feeling blue.

It happens.

Brene Brown says we "numb" negative feelings like this with food, booze, drugs and meds.

My numb-er of choice is chocolate.

This started last night.  I'd had a pretty good day on Weight Watchers, but came home, crashed and inhaled several handfuls of chocolate chips.

So, today I'm fighting the urge to numb.  Again.

Reflecting on my sad feelings, trying to pinpoint the problem while I fight the urge to raid the chips again.  And this popped up on facebook:

There will be times when it’s tough going and you’ll question whether you can do it or not. There’ll be times when it seems fruitless and there’s absolutely no progress whatsoever. That’s when you take a deep breath, dig down deep, and persevere.”

Nancy Sathre-Vogel

Isn't that exciting.  The perfect quote pops up when I'm in my deepest need.  I took a couple of minutes to copy and paste it into my "Inspiration" Word file, then returned to facebook to find this.


Um.

So now, what am I supposed to think?

No comments: