Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weeping...

...for a friend.

A friend died today.
I did not know her.

She was the daughter of another friend.
I do not know her either.

Except here.

I met the mother on facebook.  I had posted to Anne Lamott's facebook page, and this woman sent me a friend request and a message.  I saw her avatar photo and my heart said (to quote Derek Sivers, another internet friend I do not know) "Hell yeah."  And we have posted and messaged ever since.

Over a year now.

A year during which her daughter has died of breast cancer.

They gifted us with their journey into another place.  They traveled with joy and color and music and a connection to each other and to me and to all of us that I am just learning to know.

As a mother I can only weep for her loss.

And be grateful to have had her in my life for this year.  And through her, her beautiful daughter.

These friends I do not know.

No comments: