Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, September 15, 2012

More Butterfly News...

...good for a laugh.


Here's what's left of the potted milkweed.  Fortunately, a good chomping acts like a good pruning and it should all come back even better than before.  Sadly, there were a few little cats that didn't get enough to eat and didn't survive.  But I was able to rescue a handful that I brought into the house.


 
It was my weekend with my Mom.  I went to her place directly after school Friday, spent the night and got home tonight (Saturday) about nine.  Lots of jewels.

 
 
Happily, I have lots of seed and a promise of a stack of pots from a friend.  Going to sow more tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to a "field" of pots full of milkweed by the time they come back through in the spring.  Meanwhile, things are going to get real colorful here in a few days.



No comments: