Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Practical Magic - Sally's letter to Gilly



Today was the bi-monthly overnight with my Mom.  Friday evening dinner at Red's, Saturday with Mom and my sister.  Sis is a Mary Kay consultant and is kicking it up several notches so could only spend a couple of hours with us, but that's OK.  It was great to see her excited and to watch the Universe dropping things into place for her.

We got to talking about desert island stuff.  You know, the "if I was lost on a desert island and could only have one..." conversation.   Most days my make-up routine begins and ends with skin care and a flick of mascara, so I guess the mascara would be my desert island cosmetic (although Sis argued that she didn't think I'd keep my sanity without my Suncare lip protector; she's probably right.)

Anyway, my desert island movie would be Practical Magic.  I watched it the other day and loved it just as much as the other gazillion times I've watched it. 

Especially Sally's letter...

...But still, sometimes when the wind is warm or the crickets sing I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen.



No comments: