Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Busy busy...

...getting caught up.

I think I've conquered my jet lag and am sleeping well.

I no longer own a car.  I walk to work most days and negotiate a ride when I need to venture further.  So far, it's working.

Weight Watchers has closed my meeting.  I had almost decided to cancel my membership (since I haven't lost any weight to speak of in a year), but on the very morning I was coming to my final decision, I ran into a friend from the meetings on my walk to work.  I had no idea she lived less than two blocks from me.  Running into her like that convinced me to stick with the program.  They have a new plan (again) this year so maybe it will be what I need to kick off these last thirty pounds.

Thirty pounds.  My magic number.  It was seeing a friend who had lost 30 pounds in the year since I had last seen him that inspired me to think of my loss not as 110 pounds total, but as 30 pounds a year until it was all off.  That was three years ago, and now I'm down to the final 30.

I can do this.

Never heard back from Google/Blogger about my photo issues (shocker) so have been experimenting with resizing my Japan pics for the blog.  Haven't quite perfected my process, but here are the ones I was willing to sacrifice if it didn't work out.

I was fascinated by the variety of foods in the Japanese stores, especially in this larger supermarket.  I mean, when they say fresh fish, they mean FRESH fish





 
And the produce!  I'm not a veggie girl, but I wanted to start filling my suitcases with this stuff.  All I ever see here in my town is broccoli, cauliflower and the occasional green beans and zucchini.
 



 
The tofu aisle.
 
 
 
Getting geared up for the holiday season.  I admit I do not have my usual Christmas spirit, but I'm trying to be optimistic that it will get sparked. 
 
Somewhere.
 
Planning a trip or two to my Happy Place withing the next couple of weeks.  The parade snowflakes have new - um - snowflakes.  That would cheer anyone up, right?
 
February 20, 2018
 
I wanted to check back to this year so I could link this to a friend and show her my pictures of my day in Harajuku.  I KNOW I had pictures of that day but they are GONE.  So, here I am, six years later, going to try to post some of them.  Wish me luck.
 
Yoyogi Park.  It was a national holiday and I was warned the park would be mobbed, but it was drizzling and so it was nearly deserted.  Yoyogi Park in a misty rain is a magical place.
 
















I was to meet my son at the rooftop garden, Tokyu Plaza.  I was too early, however, so...

 

 ... I walked down a bit to Omotesando Hills and spied this photo backdrop in front of the mall.  I thought it a cool thing, but as usual, I'm slow on the uptake.



... and didn't put it together until I recognized these hands...


... and these dancers ...

...and these old friends.  Turns out, the entire street celebrates Walt Disney's birthday.


As I realized when I got to the rooftop garden, where I sat and enjoyed Bosa Nova versions of Disney tunes while I waited for my son.  As a Disney geek I found the garden decorations delightful.



 
 


5 comments:

Von said...

Glad you're going to stick with your weight loss program, Debi! It really does help to have others on the journey with you and you've come such a long way!!

I'm sure that you'll experience some holiday cheer pretty soon. Mine is hiding somewhere, but know it will come out closer to Christmas Day. :)

Unknown said...

Ah the Walt Disney Birthday pics!!! Looks so awesome! Wish I could have seen it... maybe they'll do it again, will have to just go to Harajuku every year in Nov now just in case...! thisNatasha xxxxx

Unknown said...

Ah the Walt Disney Birthday pics!!! Looks so awesome! Wish I could have seen it... maybe they'll do it again, will have to just go to Harajuku every year in Nov now just in case...! thisNatasha xxxxx

Unknown said...

Ah the Walt Disney Birthday pics!!! Looks so awesome! Wish I could have seen it... maybe they'll do it again, will have to just go to Harajuku every year in Nov now just in case...! thisNatasha xxxxx

Unknown said...

Ah the Walt Disney Birthday pics!!! Looks so awesome! Wish I could have seen it... maybe they'll do it again, will have to just go to Harajuku every year in Nov now just in case...! thisNatasha xxxxx