Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday Love...

...at Disneyland.


So looking forward to coming back for a long visit and catch up.

Just won't be today.

Did want to capture my happiness and satisfaction after my day with a dear friend at Disneyland yesterday.  She is moving to the east coast to nanny for a year.  While I am thrilled for her - weekends off and just a train ride from New York City (love) - I'm going to miss her terribly.  Thankful, as always, that technology has reached the levels it has.

Yesterday I re-learned one of the most important lessons of my life.

Love has no boundaries; it expands to include however many things you want to extend it to.

There's no list, no tally sheet where you have to take one thing off to add another.  Nope, the paper just keeps growing.

Forgiveness helps it to grow.  The wheelchair driver who clipped my heels from behind (been there, done that so I know it's not a good feeling to do that to someone), the woman who inadvertantly elbowed me in the crowd, the other woman who clobbered me - "Oh my gosh I just hit some poor woman" - to you all, as yesterday.  No worries.  Having a great day.  Smiles.  Jokes. Let's keep spreading the joy of this day we share.

Heading out to help my mom with Christmas preparations.

Wishing everyone who drops by here a warm, loving holiday season.  See you here when life slows down a little.


No comments: