Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Friday, January 17, 2014

Highlights...

... of my day.

Walking to school.  The trees are starting to bloom.  Sorry to have missed winter, but spring is always welcome.

Getting to deliver a note to a student (who has been very worried about her grade in class and fearful of today's test) telling her that she got a high B on the test, the highest score in her class.  Her expression was priceless.

Entertaining my superintendent, who came up with the perfect solution to a troublesome technology change in my classroom.  Oh, how wonderful when you understand that when your boss says, "I want you to feel joy when you enter your classroom,"  she means it.

Sending another note to another student telling him he's scored 100% on this difficult test.  Didn't get to see his expression but I know he was pleased.


Getting a hug from a young man after telling him that the Video Friday for the day was the incredible National Championship performance of figure skater Jason Brown, and that I wanted him (my student) to notice the power and energy of Brown, and to know that I recognized the same traits in my student.  And the expression on his face as I passed his seat after the video, when he said, "Thank you for that."

The enthusiasm and energy of my son as he prepares for tomorrow's garage sale in preparation for moving to Nashville and his push to make his dream of being a professional musician come true.  It's fantastic the way things are falling into place for him.


Enjoying the movie Frozen and a Baja Fresh dinner afterward with an old friend.  We have a lot of catching up to do.

Looking forward to a movie and early dinner with my Mom tomorrow, and then the rest of the three-day weekend.

No comments: