Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Mother's Week

Thanks to a friend, I got to celebrate a Mother's Day week (at least in my own mind) this week.  Tomorrow is the official day, and I will celebrate as I please.  First breakfast made by my son. Then  spend part of the day with my mom.  I will take her to Costco to pick up some food and stuff, then we will go to our favorite restaurant for linner.  Then home to prep for the next work week.

And so today is for complete self-indulgence.

I suffer from what a friend once called "option paralysis."  So many soul-restoring things to do.  So hard to decide.  So I often do nothing.

Not today, though.  A little bit of time on the butterflies.  I may bake up a sourdough carrot cake.  One piece for me (almost 20 pounds down - again - and I don't want to stop that momentum), shared at home and then at work.  That would be OK.

Mostly, though, today I crave the studio.  Open the blinds, water the deck garden outside if needed and then just hunker into some handwork.

Didn't hurt that this popped on facebook.  Some music - and some musicians - just bring me joy.

Smiles.


No comments: