Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Restoration

on the road.

Took a therapy trip on Saturday.  Kind of a last-minute decision to go to Carmel for lunch, a round trip of a little over 600 miles.  I left at 5:30 am and stopped in Cambria for about an hour.  Had a little minor car problem that took a half hour to remedy, and got to Carmel about 12:30.  Ate a delicious breakfast for lunch at From Scratch, then turned around and took my time coming down our spectacular Big Sur coast.  After a little visit with my friends at the Elephant Seal preserve, I hit Morro Bay about sunset.  Had the same car issue so took another half hour to remedy it, during which a man (possibly my age but seeming older) delighted me with horrible old turkey jokes.  He was so charming all I could do was laugh and thank the Universe for sending him to take the edge of what promised to be a very stressful time.  Once I had remedied the situation, I again got on the highway just in time to enjoy the almost full supermoon right in front of me.

Sometimes you get to be grateful for the delays.

Looked over and realized the most spectacular sunrise of the year was happening in my side mirror.

Sunrise clouds reflecting on the sea.

Waiting for the Cambria nursery to open.  Loved the moss.

At the Barnyard.  I love the way the sunlight was making the petals translucent.

I have a thing for feathers and there was a part of me that wanted to go collect one of these "caught" on the fence post.  It wasn't until I got home and uploaded the pictures that I realized this was an art installation, a dream catcher a little battered by the elements but otherwise beautifully done.

Green grass coming up along the Big Sur coast.  I was there about the same time last year, and it was just brown dirt.

I will never tire of sunlight on seawater.

REALLY high tide and dramatic waves.

At first I was irritated that this weed was in my way as I tried to catch the reflection on the water.  Then I had a "wait a minute" moment and ended up taking a half dozen different shots using a variety of telephoto ranges.  Now I can't decide which I like best.

Just a gentle mist.  Barely noticeable in person, but stunning in the pictures.




The big teenage boys, practicing in the water.


Sunbathing.  Doesn't she look sublimely content?


The night before the full moon.  A fitting ending before the trip home.



For the next three nights I enjoyed taking dozens of pictures of the November 2016 Supermoon.  I actually had to drive around the neighborhood to find a gap in the trees big enough to not be blocking the moon.  It was worth the effort.  What a gorgeous experience.

November 2016 SuperMoon.

No comments: