Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Transitions and Transformations.


For twenty years I was a daughter.
Then a wife.
And seven years later, I added mother.
And then teacher.
And five years ago, grandma.

I had my meeting with the STRS representative.  She went through everything I needed to know to decide whether to retire at the end of this teaching year.

Yes.

I will be 66.
I will begin a year-long Masteryear celebration.
Of me.

I realize, this will be the first time that I will add
SELF
to the list of Me.

I've realized that for most of my life, I have not seen myself as SELF.  Only in relation to others.

I've been doing the work to bring my SELF out.
I like her.

It's our time to play.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I was off an entire school year (last year) after my mom passed away. It is a long story as to why I had the whole year off. I wanted to let you know that it was a complete treat to have time to myself. You will love being retired--you have earned it.