Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Needle...

...hath met fabric.



It's been so long since I worked on this that the white had discolored and I had to replace it.

I've joined a Christmas stitching group on facebook.  My friend Chiloe suggested I get back to this.  Have to admit it feels GREAT to have needle in hand.

Day made perfect by the delivery of the score by John Powell from How to Train Your Dragon.  Genius of an uplifting piece of music.

Speaking of music, I uploaded a youtube "Holiday Card" from the cast of Opening Night.  If you're cynical about Christmas (or just have a VERY open mind) you might enjoy it.  (Reminds me a little of "The St. Stephens Day Murders" from a favorite Chieftains album.)  Anyway, there's a comedy theater in Los Angeles called iO West.  Professional improv artists create a musical from an audience suggestion every Friday night at 9:00 PM.  Absolutely hilarious and well worth the effort to check it out.

Happy New Year to everyone who stops by here.  Wishing you a hopeful and satisfying year.

Hugs.

No comments: