Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Out of Sorts

Can't stop eating.

A handful of pecans.  A spoonful of peanut butter.  A banana.

Just found a half-dozen chocolate chip cookies in the freezer.

This could be bad.

I'm trying to postpone the inevitable by drinking water.  Lots and lots of water.  But I'm not optimistic.

Not real sure what's wrong.  Bored. Lonely. Maybe some frustration.

Looking forward to a day of great potential tomorrow.  Taking a personal day to go to Disney Resort CA with a friend.  We've been trying to get there for about three years and finally said, "This is it! Let's make it happen!"  I've only know two people in my lifetime who embrace life the way this friend does and I'm excited to share both parks with her.  Normally just the anticipation of such a fun day would chase the blues away, but it's not working so far.

Got a nice long workout at the gym today.  Had a nice day yesterday.

Whatever.

I had the idea to come up with three words to describe what I'm feeling and go find quotes and images to represent them.  Concluded that "Boredom" would go first, but after ten minutes of searching images (and finding nothing that represented the depth of my boredom) I got bored and gave it up.

Still, the process reminded me of the Worth1000 contests.  I've posted some of the pictures before and highly recommend their site if you want your imagination jumpstarted. 

No comments: