Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, May 05, 2012

I love this...

...so much!


I've been good and stuck for weeks.  Stuck between wishful thinking and dwindling hope.  I hide in facebook and pinterest and cheetos.  And chocolate.

Don't forget the chocolate.

I know I do it and I don't consider either facebook or pinterest a waste of time.  I've connected and re-connected with so many fabulous and fascinating people via facebook that I'll never give it up.  Pinterest is new to me, and I decided to treat it kind of like a collage of my life.  My rule is that I can only post what truly calls to me; no "kind of nice" stuff.  Only "Hell yeah" stuff.  I've been collecting pins for only a few weeks, but already I've learned a lot about what I like to have around me.  (Clearly I would have been very uncomfortable in the heavy, mountain man style house we had designed for Utah, had we moved there.)

And I know I can change.  I've changed drastically over the last couple of years.  I did, after all, kick television out two years ago and am over my obsession with farmville.

But, I'm still stuck.  With "option paralysis".  Can't seem to make myself pick up needle or pen.  My head is too chaotic, too muddled.

There are dozens of projects calling my name.  I know my head will clear when I get my hands to doing what they do best.  Dig in the dirt.  Ply color and fabric. Three pages, every morning.  I'm so distracted, so frustrated by life right now that I can't make myself do anything but wander the internet like a poltergeist searching for the light.

But in that search this morning, I think I found a little spark of light in this poster.  Summer break is nearly here, and it looks like it will be a little longer than we've had the last couple of years.  Plenty of time to develop new habits, cure some chaos and establish some order to carry me through the following year.

If I can just make myself take the first steps.

I think this poster will help me with that.  I think I'll consider it a journal prompt.  (In fact, journaling is something else I've neglected for weeks).  Every morning, I'll ask myself "Today, what will I do to...?" and plan an activity for each part of the question.  And at the end of each day, I can journal what I did to meet each goal for the day.  Mind, body, spirit, relationships, creativity and passion.

That ought to cover it all.

With hope.

No comments: