Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, March 21, 2016

Single...

...is expensive.

Yeah, I just had my taxes done.

Cripes.  I was expecting them to go up, but not that much.  Totally unprepared, especially since I'd had such a financial mess to clean up last year.

The austerity re-commences.

I know how to do this.  I don't like it, but I know how.  I sure liked being able to drive up the coast or go on a whale watch or pick up craft supplies when I wanted.  Dog food and toilet paper?  No problem.

Now I'm back on the tight budget, at least until that pretty lot in Utah sells.



My pile of rocks in the front.  I'm glad I lifted a bunch into my car last summer.  Looks like I'm not going to make it up there this summer after all.

Fortunately, I have pretty cheap tastes.  Never was into clothes and shoes.  My food budget is minimal since I went back on Weight Watchers.   And I have stacks and stacks of craft supplies.  And lots of weeds to pull.  Books to read.  And I already spend most of my leisure time on facebook and pinterest.  Cheap entertainment.  (I wonder if I have enough change in my Mickey Mouse mug to see the new Jungle Book?  I really do want to see it on a big screen at least once.)

So, I guess that's a plus to being married.  Something I don't ever plan to do again.  Not even for a tax break.  But it's going to take me a while to get on top of this.

I might be visiting here more often.

I'm spoiled.  I have a job.  And assets.

And after I came home and crunched the scary numbers for a while, I walked past the front door and noticed the air was pink.  I grabbed my camera and Dodger and I went out to a breathing pink sunset.


Spoiled.

I will be fine.  It will take me a few months to get on top of this, but I will get there in a few months.

Actually feeling pretty lucky, all in all.

No comments: