Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Moment..

I'm exhausted.  Going to bed soon.  A momentous week caught up with me this evening.

As fantastic as my Friday night was, I stayed up too late to get up (four hours later) for a full day with my mom at Disneyland (getting in bed about midnight.)  Sunday was quiet, restful puttering with the watering and laundry.

Monday I had jury duty.  I was confident I would not be chosen.   In 2009 I did a 99-day Criminal Grand Jury and one of the lawyers said that one benefit of that service was that no defense attorney would ever let us on a criminal jury.

He was wrong.

Jury selection was finished about 3:30 Monday and we spend the next 1.5 hours hearing testimony - complete with video - of a very violent arrest.  Tuesday was more testimony.  Yesterday was deliberation and we came to a verdict finally about 3:30.  It was intense and exhausting.

Then today I got to school - after a three-day absence - to a day of lectures.  Tomorrow will be the same.  And then there was a one-hour meeting after school.

I could barely put one foot in front of the other to get into the house.  I gave up trying to get anything done (not even dinner) and stretched out on the bed.  Only to be roused up again by the dog wanting dinner, and then a lengthy visit outside to toilet.

And then I scrolled into this.


Spirit restored.  I nearly peed myself.  Had to watch it twice.

THEN a friend sent me to the original.

No comments: