Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, February 19, 2007

Hollyhocks Update

Page One is Finished! I've only left the flower centers so that I can do them all at the same time. And there were a couple of places along the edges where it made sense not to fill the needle to make one stitch when, at the time I move to the next page, there is a whole section of that color and I can easily pick up those solo stitches when I do that section. I decided to go up for the next section. I'll go up in small sections until I reach the border, then work to either side. This will give me good anchor positions so I can work from top to bottom.

I've been really sick this week and it's been very frustrating. I was really convinced I was having an allergic reaction to something in the classroom where I was attending the Cherokee class because I felt great until I got there, then lousy during the class, then much better with each step away from the classroom. But, by Monday noon I was already requesting a sub for Tuesday and Wednesday; I had 100 degree fever (which, since my "normal" temp is only 96.8, that's the equivalent of 103 degrees.) I ended up calling in sick on Thursday and Friday, too. The fever finally broke late Thursday afternoon and I didn't even try to pick up a needle until yesterday (Sunday). I was just too weak to do anything. I'm still hacking and sniffling and am not optimistic about this week at work, but am going to give it my best shot. I'm so far behind already I may not be able to catch up in time for report cards.

Spring has sprung here. Jonquils and violets are blooming and new leaves are showing on the passion vine. Hydrangeas are putting out leaves an roses are blooming. I think the first Monarchs are visiting the backyard.

Way too early here in SoCA where we were only able to pretend we had winter for a couple of weeks. DH is in Eden where he got just enough snow to be pretty in gorgeous 30 degree days.

No comments: