Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Change.

"Change is life...


and life is good."


A favorite quote from one of the movies I show in my class every year.  The older I get, the more I like it, although I admit I don't care for change all that much.  I've had some fun making changes lately, however, so I won't complain.

So I'm trying out the improved blogger composition tools.  Am excited about the image changes since I enjoy including photos here and sometimes they can be a challenge.  Seems to be a problem with the "enter" button to change paragraphs, though, so I'll have to go re-read the blurb and see if I'm supposed to be doing something different.  (Just tried to hit it now and it went back to the beginning of this paragraph.  Hmmm.  That's not going to work.)

Gearing up for a busy weekend.  I'm determined to wear my new black jeans to a concert next weekend and am sure it won't be a problem if I can be a soldier on WW this week and hit the gym a few days.  That means this will be short so I can get to the gym.  Tonight is a family party, tomorrow a local band concert my son will be playing drums in.  I will host the family here after there for soup and salad, so it would be nice if I could get the floors swept and vacuumed and some Christmas decorations up.

(Ah, one uses the arrow down to change paragraphs.  Dumb idea, blogger.)


One more week of school.  I'll be hearing student presentations Monday and Tuesday and then to conclude our month of Constitution study they'll be watching Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.  I'm always amazed at how much my 13-year-olds love this 1939 black and white movie.  No blood, no gore, no foul language (although alcohol seems to be fairly prevalent in this post-prohibition film).  I rarely see it (since I'm usually frantically trying to get something graded so I don't have papers to take home over the break) but never tire of Jimmy Stewart's and Jean Arthur's fabulous voices.

This past week was party week.  Chancellor's dinner Wednesday, staff party last night.  Next week should be pretty tame once the weekend is over.

Which brings me back to the gym.  Better get going.

P.S.  Verdict's still out, blogger.

No comments: