Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Friday, January 21, 2011

en Espanol...

I don't understand Spanish.

But I speak a tiny bit (leftovers from three years in high school) with a darn good accent.

It comes in handy sometimes.

Like today.  One of my students was pissed at me.  He stood next to me as I sat at my desk and muttered, "Ay, ay, ay...," then a string of words that I did not know.  The tone was enough.  I pulled out my tried-and-true, surefire, strike-terror-in-their-hearts script.

"Cuidado."

I love the look on their face when I say this.  They get that "Oh, shit!" look.  The one with the white face and tight lips.

"Sientese."

He sat.  And shut up.

It was enough.

No comments: