Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Others...

...with whom I share this birthday include:

Dancer/Choreographer Gower Champion (I've loved musicals - particularly the dancing in them - all my life.)

 Journalist Ed Bradley (watched him on 60 Minutes just about every week).

Kris Kristofferson who, with Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton, convinced me I actually DID like country western music after all.

 
Paul Frees, the voice of too many happy childhood memories to list here including John & George from The Beatles animated TV series, Disney's Ludwig Von Drake, Crusty from The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Meowrice from Gay Purr-ee, Boris Badenov from Rocky and His Friends, Burgermeister Meisterburger from Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Little Ace from Beany and Cecile.  He was even the voice of the President of the United States in one of my favorite Sci Fi movies, When Worlds Collide.

Peter Asher.  World Without Love was one of the first songs I used to sing along with, singing the harmony part.

  Ralph Waite.  We watched The Waltons every week, too.  Goodnight, John-Boy

 Dan Brown.  Always excited when a new Brown novel is due.  (Deception Point is my favorite.)

 
California Senator Dianne Feinstein. Overall pleased that she is my senator, although she tends to be a little conservative (for a Democrat) for me.

Michael Todd, producer of Around the World in Eighty Days, also produced the Broadway version of Up in Central Park.  The movie version is one of the first musicals I remember from Saturday morning television.

No comments: