Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice

The sun shares maximum energy.  Enjoy.

Daniel Merriam - "Out For a Walk"
The Birth Week is going along swimmingly.  Well, no actual swimming (certain body parts continue to remind me that the weight loss journey will continue for quite a while yet).  But, I am having a lovely time.

Yesterday DS2's girlfriend gifted me with dinner.  My younger son has always had spectacularly good taste in women and I haven't met one yet that I didn't admire.  But I seem to have more in common with this lovely young woman than with any of the others, enough that I like spending time with her even when The Man is not around.  When she wasn't cooking we began a quest to catch her up with all the chick flicks she has missed during her college years.  Yesterday it was Enchanted.

Dinner was delicious and - and here's evidence of how sweet and considerate she is - she pulled the recipes from a Weight Watchers cookbook.  All on program (which made two days on program in The Birthweek) AND light enough that I slept soundly last night.

Today the same young woman and I are going to have our day in the city.  The plan is to spend a couple of hours at the Autry Western Heritage Museum in Griffith Park, then into Hollywood to the Arclight to see Super 8 and then to the rooftop of The Standard Hotel in downtown Los Angeles for dinner and sunset.  Someone recommended the The Standard a year ago and I've been wanting the experience ever since.

Another happy quest.

No comments: