Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, July 09, 2011

BRAGGAGE!

Giant Steps.

My older son just found himself in the following youtube video.  He played bass with the Santa Barbara City College Lunch Break (award winning) big band.  He can be seen in the back just to Michael Brecker's left - "lush" brown hair and goatee.

The braggage part?  I was at a competition for his younger brother once and this director was one of the adjudicators.  I was sitting close to the judge's table.  I noticed that my older son had come into the small theater to hear his brother's big band performance and had stopped for a few seconds to greet his then ex-director and have a short conversation.  After he had walked away, I overheard the director say to the judge next to him, "He was the most gifted bass player I've worked with in years."

Moms like that.

No comments: