Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, July 03, 2011

I found it...

...and it wasn't hard.  Amazing.


I've had this pattern since it came out.  Copyright is 1990, so I've had it for 21 years.


Black fabric for the body of the jacket, Christmas print for the lining.


Yep, it's going to be a Christmas jacket.

I collected some fabrics for the embellishments.


Of course, every year there have been more beautiful fabrics to consider.  I have a hard time resisting.





I remember having a hard time deciding what to put in the "quilt" area of the back.  Apparently I experimented with pieced Santas, trees, hearts...



Pretty sure I don't like the muslin-colored background but the designs might be cute.  Maybe on those newer, lighter fabrics?

So this is a summer project.  Lots of decisions to make.  One definite that has stayed with me for 21 years, though?  See the fringe in the pattern photo?  I have always seen this as forest green satin ribbon with a tiny bell tied at the bottom of each strand.

This is gonna be fun!

No comments: