Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Nothing cuter...

...than baby tortoises.


Herbie and his little brother, Quincy.  Perfect little miniatures.  Except that they're squishy.  I am particularly fond of their tiny claws, which you can't see.  Oh, yeah, and the adorable bits of eggshell stuck to their noses.

I'm such a Disnerd.  When my son named the first one "Herbie," I immediately thought, "Yeah, well, I guess he does look a little like a Volkswagon."

It wasn't until Quincy that I realized these were jazz snags.

Still waiting on the rest.  Expecting between six and fourteen.

Really a thrill.

No comments: