Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What an Artist.

Sara.


Waiting with my son at the Santa Barbara Bowl for the concert to start.  Feeling pretty proud that I was able to make the climb up.  The trek through the Oak Grove was lovely (but a tad steep).  Reward was several steep sets of stairs.  But, I made it!  Could not have done this - and would have missed this fabulous concert - just three years ago.  YAY, me!


 
 
Breaking the rule.  Yes, me.  Had to get at least one decent picture of Her on stage.  After a week of memorizing my newest theme song, "Chasing the Sun," Sara opened with a powerful arrangement of...
 
"Chasing the Sun."  I cried.  Brat son took a picture of me boo hooing that I hope never to lay eyes on.  (I do not weep prettily.)  Oh, it was moving.
 

This is how my Universe takes care of me.  I misread the map of the venue (haven't been there since the rennovations) and screwed up and bought tickets in the nosebleed section.  BUT, lucked out after all, as the people in the seats in front of me never showed up during Sara's set.  The people in the next row up didn't arrive until 3/4 of the way through the set.


We were invited to sing along with a couple of songs.
Yes, I sang along.  "King of Everything."  "All my life, I've tried, to keep everybody happy while I just hurt and hide waiting for someone to tell me it's my turn to decide."  You bet I belted THAT one.  "Let me hold your crown, Babe."
 
 
And to "Brave,"  which hit gold last week.
 
.
 
Ready for school tomorrow.
 
If I can get to sleep tonight.

No comments: