Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Aw, Robin.

63


By all accounts this comedic genius was also a kind, gentle, generous soul.

63

I did a little project once and made note that Robin Williams and I were born in the same year.

And here I am, grateful for the pain and struggles of the last four years that have brought me to a place where I know - at 63 - that one of best parts of my life is just beginning.

63

All around the world are millions of people who - like me - wish we could have met this man, wrapped him in our arms and tried to make him understand how well loved he was.

Sadly, it wouldn't have helped.  Depression is just that hideous.  It doesn't let you hear, feel those messages of love.

63

Life is too short.  Too many holes in our hearts to fill, and not all of them in our control.

No comments: