Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, October 22, 2016

SQUEEEEEEE!!!

SO EXCITED!!!

September 12 I got one of those "if you like that you might like this" ads on facebook.  It was for a new album by some chick I'd never heard of.  But I was captured by the cover art and had to check it out.


Carrie Newcomer.

I guess a downside of an isolated life away from television and radio is to have never experienced this voice, this poetry before.

But I'm catching up.

She had posted a few songs on youtube (I shared them here) and every word resonated.  Every arrangement.  The instrumentation.

The album was released September 16 and I bought it online at midnight.  It's my singing in the car album.

I made her website a favorite and joined her facebook page.  She is from the Midwest (I think) and I've followed the route of her current tour.  Pretty close to home until this week.

POP came an ad for a Washington state appearance, and a little spark of hope lit.  I went to her site to see if she would land within a couple of hundred miles.  And within budget.

Total score.  She will be in Santa Monica THIS COMING FRIDAY.  Under thirty bucks.  Intimate setting at McCabe's on Pico.


Appears to be a good Italian restaurant a few doors up.  Going to drive down the coast right after school.  If the traffic isn't too bad I'll eat Italian.  If it is bad I'll skip dinner.

Overdue for an adventure into the big city.

No comments: