Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Happy Shuffle

Yes, I actually finished stitching something. I fell in love with this piece by Ayako at Windy Willows (Japan). I'm going to finish it as she did; as a needle keeper. I used a simple Charles Craft fiddler in a yummy green (I bought a roll of it a couple of years ago and never get tired of it) and Gentle Arts Blue Spruce. I was able to finish it tonight because it was either stitch or fall asleep at 7:30. I woke up at 2:30 this morning (after working yesterday, then having a meeting until 5:20 PM, then Open House until 8:15) so today I'm whipped. But if I fell asleep at 7:30 I would be up at 2:30 again and I don't want another day like today so just had to stitch. Ohgeedarn. (I apologize for the picture. I'm not going to mess with it.)


This is the beast that my husband is sitting for a couple of weeks. DH has assured me that it would either be with him or in the dog run out back. As soon as the dog was delivered, DH let it into the backyard (NOT in the kennel) and then could not catch it. It spent its first night tracking from my side of the house to the other side of the house, barking. And barking. Finally stopped at 3:00 am. It sneaks up on me all the time and scares the crap out of me. It's been here three days and I have learned the hard way that if I forget to close my door it will raid the garbage in my room and leave a mess (it's a kleenex terrier, I guess). Here's what I found this morning in the family room when I was getting ready for work:


Definitely makes itself a welcome guest.

My last dog was a 110-pound, male, black and white Akita. When he stood next to me I could lay my hand on his head without bending over (and I'm 5'7"). He started out as my son's dog (I bought him for B--- when B--- turned 15) then, when B--- left for college three years later, he became mine. I definitely developed a bias for big dogs and now this little yippy thing creeps me out. The owner told us it's a rat terrier so I looked up the breed and, sure enough, they are famous diggers. Which means I probably can't plant my flowers in the back this weekend as I'd hoped.

Figures.



2 comments:

Chiloe said...

What about the hushand and the dog sleeping outside ? lol You should have a ticker to count how many days are left for the dog to leave !!! lol

Is your son happy at home?

Anonymous said...

I agree - put them both out in the kennel! LOL

Your piece is beautiful, I love the colors. I'm working on one of Windy Willows designs now too - she has such lovely freebies.