Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

DMC Help

I'm putting together a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG post about my birthday, birthday trip to Disneyland and our two-week vacation in Utah (including stitchey news). Well, maybe it will be several separate posts.

Anyway, it will take a while. While I'm working on it, though, I'd like to send out a call for help. I bought two Victoria Sampler charts and tried to get the fibers at Shepherd's Bush. They don't carry many of the flosses the charts call for and I don't blame them. $6.20 for a skein of fiber - you've got to be kidding me! I'm sure they're beautiful and lovely to work with but - sheesh - I'm a teacher for heaven's sake.

Anyway, I'm ready to sit down with my chart photo and my DMC floss chart and try to make substitutions but thought I'd ask y'all first if you know of a website that has already done this for me.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Chiloe said...

Can this help?

http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/oscnuked/modules.php?name=DaDaBik

I'm glad you're back ;)

Unknown said...

Aha! Chiloe beat me to it! It's a great site that will translate any fiber to any fiber (if there is a close match). I used it to translate Crescent Colors to silk.