Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gotta Love Memes

And I really do.

Love to read them, love to do them. But in the big picture of life here in SoCA I have had to draw the line at not spending time being so totally self-absorbed. Sometimes, though, there's one that sounds like too much fun to pass off. Here's one.


Appetizer

If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose? Australia, for sure. Both sons have been and loved it there. I would spend a year taking stitchery and quilt workshops.




Soup

Which browser do you use to surf the Internet? Mozilla Firefox.

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country? I have a B.A. in history with American History as a focus. I've taught the subject for 17 years. I've studied our family's history up to the immigrant ancestors for 26 years. The more I learn, the more impressed I am with how truly ignorant I am, so I'd give myself a 6.

Main Course

Finish this sentence: Love is… non-judgmental and continually apologetic.

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado? My aunt and cousin in Kansas live three houses up from the highway in Kansas that marks the edge of tornado alley. Five years ago I was there for a visit and we were all so busy talking that we missed the tornado watch warning on tv. By the time we checked it, the tiny Kansas town my aunt lives in was the one with the big circle on it on the weather report. The news weatherman was saying, "And this is where the real concern is." The tornado chasers pulled up in front of the house just as Mom headed toward the basement. The rest of us wanted to watch and I did for a while. A big thunderstorm with a wall of water heading our way. At some point Mom was freaking out she was so worried about me so I had to go to the basement with her to calm her down. The tornado skipped us (nobody in this town saw one) but dropped down and tore up some trees in the next town. Found out later that my aunt's brother-in-law lost a lifetime's investment in large farm equipment.

No comments: