Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007


Although there certainly were some memorable highlights (Bart and Yuka's marriage, Garrett's graduation, moving forward on relocation to Utah) overall 2006 was not so good. 2008 holds much promise. Here's a wish that 2007 is a beautiful bridge, a terrific transition between the two.

I welcomed in the new year in the best possible way. I was tucked up in my chair - warm and toasty on a rare, chilly SoCA day - with my cross stitch. Larry and I watched the ball fall in Times Square (which means we welcomed in the new year at 9:00 pm PST) and were free to go to bed well before midnight. I was enjoying my cross stitch so much, though, (almost finished the first flower on the hummingbird/hollyhock piece) that I almost made it to midnight CA time stitching away.

Today we'll watch the Rose Parade, then I'll head over to Mom and Dad's for the annual saurkraut feast. Bart and Yuka are in Santa Barbara for a couple of days, goodness knows where Garrett spent the night and Larry is bowing out of the day so it will be pretty quiet for me over there.

It's been a great week after Christmas.

No comments: